Shadow Brook
Shadow Brook
Shadow Brook
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live as a Horse, Wolf, or Fantasy Creature with no humans!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Secret Of The Dragons...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

The Secret Of The Dragons... Empty
PostSubject: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:45 am

haha, i've had the flu, so this is something I just put down while sick lol, tell me if you like it...

The Secret Of The Dragons
Chapter 1
Just before the door opened, I caught a glance of what Jamie and I in the small mirror that was set into the door. There was me, with my reddish brown hair braided to the side with my hazel eyes, then Jamie, with her straight blonde hair and clear blue eyes. Then the door opened to reveal Carolyn’s mom. Carolyn’s mom, or dr. Nusic, taught a Biology class at Mountain empire’s High School. Jamie, Carolyn, and I were at the Jr. High in 8th grade.
The Jr. High used to have 7th and 8th graders, but they’re on the verge of shutting it down. Last year had been the last of the 7th graders, and this year was the last of the 8th graders. When the middle school was built, it was built like this: The whole left side was the 8th grade hallway, and at the end was the girls’ bathroom. On the left side was for all 7th graders (except Mr. Wynn’s class, who taught 8th grade Science) and at the end was the boys’ bathroom. The whole thing was in a rectangle, with one classroom in the middle, where Mr. Etnire taught Leadership and Computer tech. In front of that was a little outside part that had tables and benches for people to hang out while studying or doing work. At the front was the office, and at the back was the Math classroom that Mrs. Dolan taught in.
Now, it seemed odd to walk down the 7th grade hallway and hear nothing but silence when last year you could hear the teachers and students talking. Odd to look into Ms. Sullivan, Ms. Westgaard, and Mr. Jones’s old rooms and see them empty with no desks or anything. Odd to walk past the office and see a sign taped to the door that reads: NO MIDDLE SCHOOL OFFICE GO TO HIGHSCHOOL. Odd to look into the outside section and see that all the tables and benches except 2 had been taken away. Odd to sit in the quad and see it less that ΒΌ full with 8th graders and to hear the hushed murmurs of your classmates. Everyone seemed to feel odd and uncomfortable, as if something special or scary or dangerous was going to happen. If only we had known.
“Hello, Alison, Jamie. Carolyn is upstairs in her room.” Dr. Nusic’s voice summoned me back from my daydream and I looked up at her. Dr. Nusic was 5.5” tall, with brown eyes and curly light brown hair cropped super short. She had a streak of blue going through it. Jamie and I thanked her and hurried inside and up the stairs. Carolyn was sitting on her bed, her hazel eyes looking up at us.
"Hey," she said, standing up. Jamie walked forward and sat on Carolyn’s bed.
“Hey, what’s up?” Jamie asked. Carolyn shrugged.
“Nothing much; you?” Jamie shrugged.
"Not much," I say. I look at the book on her bed. "Reading Wicked, I see." I grin at her. "Good book." I pushed a brownish red bang behind my ear. Carolyn nodded.
“So far,” she said. Jamie yawned.
“Tired? Or are we boring you to death?” I ask teasingly.
“Just a little…” she said, yawning again.
“Just a little what?” I ask. Jamie thought about it for a moment.
“Both,” she decided. All three of us laughed.
“Don’t fall asleep on us,” Carolyn teased, and we started laughing again. Jamie
Bent over backwards on the bed and yawned again! I smirked, remembering she had tried to stay up all night watching the science channel. My phone went off, signaling a message. I frowned at what it read.
“What is it?” Carolyn asked, and Jamie sat back up.
“Just Mom, she wants me to go home for some odd reason…” I shove the phone back in my pocket.
“Hmm, OK, but you’re gonna miss the movie,” Carolyn said.
“”I’ll probably fall asleep,” Jamie said, laughing, and Carolyn faked a groan.
“Ugh, I’ll be the only one up!” She threw her hands into the air in mock distress. Jamie and I laughed.
“Honestly, you should be in the drama club! But I should go, I don’t want to make Mom mad,” I said. I left the room and began jogging down the stairs.
“Hey, Alison, leaving already?” Dr. Nusic asked at the bottom of the stairs.
“Yeah, Mom wants me to go home,” I say. Dr. Nusic nodded.
“OK, have fun,” she said. I nodded and went outside.
The sun was starting to set outside, casting rays of light over the horizon and giving all the trees and bushes and everything else exotic colors. I grabbed my bike from where it was beside Jamie’s by the door and hopped on. I started pedaling through the small town on Boulevard, CA. Once at my house, I put my bike on its kick stand and went inside.
“Hey Mom, what’s up?” I called.
“You got a package from your Uncle John,” she called back from the kitchen. “It’s on the coffee table.” I walked into the living and picked up the brown box. I rolled it in my hands, weighing it, then pulled a box cutter off the coffee table. I opened the box, and pulled out what looked like a jewelry box from inside the packing peanuts.
The box was dark gray, with dragons craved on its sides. On the top was a stone dragon, its tail wrapped around it, its head raised to the skies and its wings raised as if it were going to take off. There was a lock on the front, sealing it shut.
I reached back into the packing peanuts and found a manila colored envelope. I broke the seal and pulled out a card.

Dear Alison,
This box came all the way from Greenland. There are three secrets inside, and only I know of them. The person who managed to find them and place them into this box is long since dead. Soon, the secret will be your own. Don’t let anyone else know of this for now: you will somehow know when it is the right time. Always keep this key with you, and never let anyone else get a hold on it.
With Love,
Uncle John

I reached back into the envelope and pulled out a small key. Its teeth were short and straight. I almost pushed the key into the lock, then thought better of it and put the key back in the envelope, along with the card. I put the envelope into the brown box, then put the dragon box in it also, and started walking past the kitchen to go to my room.
“What is it?” Mom asked when I went by her. I set the brown box down and pulled out the dragon box.
“A jewelry box,” I said, holding it up for Mom to see.
“That’s cool,” she said, chopping up small pieces of beef for a stew. I nod and walked left to go to my room. Once inside, I set the box on my bed and held the dragon box. I examined it for a few moments, then took the key out again. It fit neatly into the hole of the lock, and when I turned it, the lock made a satisfying click and popped open; the way the locks on our lockers in the girls’ locker room does when we enter the right combination. The lock slid off easily, and I opened the box. Inside were 3 different colored stones, each one 3x as big as a chicken egg. They were all smooth and shiny, without any blemish in their surface. The first one was an emerald green color, the second a sapphire blue, and the third a beautiful silver. At first I was confused. Rocks? I thought to myself. The rocks are the three secrets? With a shrug I placed them back in the dragon box and closed the lid, relocking it., then placed it on my dresser. The key I placed on my nightstand. A tan tabby cat crawled out from under the bed and stretched, yawning. I picked him up, and he started purring.
“Hello Fasa, how are you?” I say to the cat, setting him on the bed and stroking him. Mufasa (Nicknamed, Fasa) purred louder. I sat on my bed and pulled my phone back out of my pocket. I pulled my headphones for it off my dresser, then plugged one of the ends in. I searched through the songs, settling on Ol’ Red by Blake Shelton. Fasa laid down at the foot of my bed.
At 8:00, Mom called me to eat. My dad had ;left before I was born, and I was an only child. We ate in the living room again while we watched Ghost Whisperer. My mom was a really good cook, and the stew was great. I helped her with the dishes afterward, and we joked with each other like we always did. By then, it was nearing 10:00, so I went to bed. Mufasa curled up on my chest, purring softly.

Chapter 2
I woke up in the morning around 7:00. Mufasa was still curled up on my chest, now awake and purring softly. He lifted his head and shook his head, as if to say, “Don’t get up; I’m comfortable!” I laughed and picked him up, setting him on the bed, and stood. I got dressed and shut my window and curtains. With a yawn I walk to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth and hair. As I put the toothpaste away, I noticed a little slip of paper by the stand the toothpaste goes in. I pick it up. There were two sentences written on it: It’s almost time to tell… And almost time for death… I frown down at the note, wondering if Mom had found the card her brother had sent me and was making a joke. But then again… the note was written in my handwriting. I frowned again, then stuffed it in my pocket. I would worry about it later. I finished brushing my hair and teeth ten walked into the kitchen. Mom was in the dining room eating a bowl of Frosted Flakes.

Last edited by ShadoWolfHeart on Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadowbrook.heavenforum.com
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:58 am

Wow.... You can sure describe the place.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:01 am

haha, and lol, of course i can we go to that school every day... though, lol, the empty classrooms aren't quite empty because teachers are in there and during break and lunch we have the high schoolers with us lol
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 am

oh, wait, almost evrey day, not on weekends, and I haven't been there past 2 days lol
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:07 am

Still, I'm impressed. I couldn't do it that well.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 am

really? wow...
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah. I try to, you know, forget the place when I'm not there. I posted by the way.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:14 am

yeah i noticed. lol, trying to scare my wolf, Bah! she's too much of a hunter and stalker to get scared by that lol
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:17 am

Rats....
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:18 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:20 am

They'd make good friends then
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:24 am

lol Razz nice. And yes, Razz is my fav emoticon lol!
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:25 am

albino I'm going to stick with this -> albino one!
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:27 am

lol, I like that one too albino Razz lol!
Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Neutral Arrow What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

or maybe above should be my sig lol, I especially like the drunken , its Mason! lol
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:29 am

lmfao.... drunken Mason Man! And this one can be Jacquie after those energy drinks yesterday bounce Oh, and don't forget SWINE FLU! pig

God, I'm such a dork....
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:33 am

haha, the world wouldn't be interesting without you, me, mason, ryan, jessel, or DaddysLittleGirl lol. {DAMN! I miss Jessel and Ryan Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad ] This is Jessel~ Arrow confused
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:49 am

Do we know Daddy's Little Girl in RL?
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:51 am

nope. I dont think so, that is.... pretty sure not.
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Basketball Dangerous feeling right now
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:26 pm

Question
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:29 pm

Watching Phantom of the Opera and eating sugar. Not good.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:31 pm

oh crap, everyone run... or.... or you can take it out on the "evil", (Yes, notice the airquotes on "evil") cat
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:37 pm

*uses her ninja skillz on the evil cat*
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfHeart
Admin
ShadoWolfHeart

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 pm

oh, poor "evil" cat. {Yes, still the emphasis on "evil" cat}
Back to top Go down
Smokycat3

Smokycat3

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Poor "evil" cat. It's faced ninja skills. I might want to leave it alone for a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secret Of The Dragons...   The Secret Of The Dragons... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secret Of The Dragons...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next